About The Foundation
Established in 2007 by members of the Twin Cities Orthopedics practice, the Foundation is developing and investing in key activities to improve the quality of life for those affected by bone, joint and muscle injuries and disorders.
Message from our president
Dear supporters and friends,
The loosening constraints of the COVID-19 pandemic allowed the TCO Foundation to resume international activities in addition to increasing local community grants, and supporting an incredible volume of orthopedic research.
The mission of the TCOF is to advance musculoskeletal health through community service, orthopedic research, education and training. Our entire Board and staff are volunteers, allowing the TCOF to directly support more of its goals, while minimizing overhead expense. Special thanks go to our volunteers and Board members for their efforts.
The TCO Foundation supported significant work in 2022, both locally and abroad:
- Ongoing research focused on remaining at the forefront of orthopedic innovation, technology,
- Education and training of both Sports Medicine and Foot & Ankle Fellows and Residents
- Sports concussion ImPact testing for local metro area high school athletes
- Athletic training room equipment for Two Rivers High School
- Continued support of excellent local community youth organizations:
- Y Adventure Lab, an organization that equips kids with tools to create a new cycle of health in America
- United Heroes League, whose mission is to help military families build confidence, friendship, and engagement through sports by providing free sports equipment, development camps, and more to their children
- Bolder Options, a wellness-based, youth mentoring organization that utilizes caring, adult mentors to support a program of physical activity, academic improvement, goal setting and empowerment
- University of Minnesota Orthopedic resident education support
- TCO employee volunteer medical work in Tanzania, and support of the amazing Plaster House, Arusha, Tanzania
- Grants to SIGN Fracture Care International
Please donate, support, and use your Foundation. We encourage you to visit our website at TCOFoundation.org for more information, pictures, and a user-friendly donate button to easily make your fully tax-deductible gift online.
We can do more, together. Thank you for your support. You can be proud of your TCO Foundation!
David Gesensway, MD