Established in 2007 by members of the Twin Cities Orthopedics practice, the Foundation is developing and investing in key activities to improve the quality of life for those affected by bone, joint and muscle injuries and disorders.
MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
Dear Supporters and Friends:
As we end this most unfortunate year and look forward to a fully vaccinated, peaceful and more inclusive 2021, I think you will be pleased with the work of the Twin Cities Orthopedics Foundation. This 2020 Annual Report beautifully depicts that important work, most of which focused on our local community this year due to closed borders and limited travel imposed by the coronavirus.
The mission of the TCO Foundation is to advance musculoskeletal health through community service, orthopedic research, education and training. Our entire Board and staff are volunteers, allowing the Foundation to directly support more of its goals, with minimal overhead expense. Special thanks goes to our volunteer Board members for their efforts.
The Foundation supported significant, uplifting work in 2020, both locally and abroad:
- Grants supporting the efforts of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Action Group of i-Health/Revo Health, and programs they support:
- The Ladder Program, a North Minneapolis youth mentorship program
- Hallie Q. Brown Community Center
- ImPACT concussion testing grants for youth sports
- College scholarships for the six graduates of the 2019 medical mentorship program
- Grants to our outstanding local community organizations:
- United Heroes League
- Bolder Options
- University of MN Orthopedic Resident Book and Education Fund
- Support of our overseas volunteerism:
- SIGN Fracture Care femur fracture implants
- The Cleat Program, Botswana
- The Plaster House, Tanzania
- Support of the excellent orthopedic research efforts of the TCO physicians
We really are making a difference in the community. Please donate and help us do even more, together, in 2021. We encourage you to visit our website at TCOFoundation.org for more information, pictures, a user-friendly DONATE button if you wish to contribute online, as well as the Grant Request application.
Peace, and best wishes for a healthy 2021,